Paul R. Smith Athletic Information
Athletic Director: Coach Hohn
School Event Safety Protocols
Beginning in 2018, Pasco County Schools implemented new safety procedures in place for all sporting events. Only clear plastic , clear vinyl, and clear Ziploc bags will be permitted at school athletic events. Diaper bags and medically-necessary bags are permitted and are subject to search. No other bags of ANY kind will be permitted, including backpacks, fanny packs, purses and duffle bags. All bags are subject to search. Please click here for more information: https://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/comm/page/new_event_security_procedures
6, 7 and 8 grade students can participate, if eligible, in school athletics. Sports played at Paul R. Smith include…
Football– one team 6-8 grade, begins in August
Girls volleyball– two teams; JV and Varsity
Cheerleading– one team 6-8 grade, begins in August
Boys soccer– one team 6-8 grade, begins in October
Girls basketball– two teams; JV and Varsity, begins in October
Girls soccer– one team 6-8 grade, begins in January
Boys basketball– two teams; JV and Varsity, begins in January
Girls track– one team 6-8 grade, begins in March
Boys track– one team 6-8 grade, begins in March
Online Athletic Clearance – Important!
Please click the attached flyer for important information about the clearance process.
- Athletic paperwork packet has to be fully completed before a student can participate or tryout. We can only take physicals that are from this packet; no other forms can be used. Paperwork is available in the front office or on the district webpage https://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/athletics/forms/ Use the Middle school forms
- In order to be eligible to play a student must have a 2.0 grade point average in the previous semester, 6th graders are automatically eligible for first semester sports
- Student athletes who do not behave in school can be removed from the team
- Parents and athletes must recognize that coaches make the decisions over general team matters, including team selection, participation, and playing time,
- There is a fee to participate in athletics; the fee must be paid in order to play.