5th graders, click here to apply.
6th and 7th graders, click here to apply.
Applications are due no later than April 30, 2018
What AVID is…
The mission of AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) is to ensure that ALL students, especially those who find themselves “in the middle,” will succeed in rigorous curriculum, will complete a college prep path, and will become educated and responsible participants and leaders in society.
What does the AVID elective look like?
- Support and encouragement that helps students be successful in one or more advanced level classes
- Large emphasis on organization
- Instruction on Cornell Notes (a note-taking system that helps students in middle school, high school and college)
- Tutoring from college students
- Field trips to College campuses
- A supportive and encouraging setting that helps students realize that college is an option